Please contact the Nursery for full details of current fees and hours for the Nursery, Out of School Club and Holiday Club.
As all staff allocations have to be planned well in advance, all known absences must be notified at least 14 days beforehand.
Late Collections/Early Arrivals
To cover additional costs, unarranged late collections and early arrivals will be charged at £10 per quarter hour or part thereof.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Fees for booked places are payable in advance, unless fourteen days notice is given in writing, subject to the exceptions below.
- Late collection or early arrival charges are due within seven days of notification.
- By concession, fees may be accepted weekly or monthly in arrears at the discretion of the Company. This concession may be withdrawn by the Company at any time without assigning a reason. The application of this concession does not create a precedent and, in particular, can never override para 1 above.
- Where the concession above is in operation, weekly charges not paid within seven days of the end of the week to which they relate and monthly charges not paid within thirty days of the invoice date may be subject both to interest charges and administrative charges for related correspondence.
- Exception 1 – Holidays (6&7 below)
- a) For the Nursery and Out of School Club, we are happy to keep your child’s place open for two of your ‘normal’ weeks of attendance in any calendar year without charge. This means that if, for example, your child normally attends two full days per week, up to four days of absence on holiday is allowed in each calendar year.
- b) The ‘holiday year’ starts on 1 January: if your child starts or leaves during the calendar year, then the allowance is reduced proportionately. The holiday allowance cannot be carried over from one year to the next and is not available in lieu of notice.
- Exception 2 – Sickness
Notice of absence is not required in the following circumstances:
a) Where your child requires emergency medical treatment
b) Where your child develops an infectious or contagious illness and you keep the child at home and this is confirmed by a medical certificate which must state the period for which the child should not attend.
c) Where we send the child home on medical grounds including as a preventative measure.
d) For either a) or b) above, please advise us as soon as practicable.
8) Exception 3 – Force Majeure – including inclement weather and failure of essential service supplies etc
a) Out of School Club
Where the School informs us officially, during working hours, of a closure the next day, there will be no charges for pre-booked sessions not used on the day(s) of closure. Where a closure is notified during the working day, or after working hours, so that it is not possible to change the staff rota, then there will be a one-third rebate on charges on the day(s) of closure.
Where we inform you, during working hours, of a closure the next day, there will be no charges for pre-booked sessions not used. Where a closure is notified during the working day, there will be a one-third rebate on charges for pre-booked sessions not used on the day(s) of closure.
9) Exception 4 – exclusion
Where we exclude your child for any reason, either temporarily or permanently, there will be no charge for pre-booked sessions not used.
10) Exception 5 – general
In the event that we have to close the Nursery for any other reason, we will transfer your booking to a mutually acceptable alternative date. If there is no suitable alternative, there will be no charge for pre-booked sessions not used.
11) Leavers – Two weeks’ notice must be given in writing and all outstanding fees must be paid before a child finally leaves the nursery.